Preparing for Successful Safety Education and Enforcement Efforts
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Many communities have transportation plans, pedestrian and bicycle master plans, or Vision Zero initiatives that include law enforcement activities aimed at improving safety for vulnerable road users. These activities require inter-agency partnerships and thoughtful preparation in order to be successful. In this webinar, seasoned practitioners shared their lessons learned in planning for and implementing prior to law enforcement efforts to promote pedestrian and bicycle safety. We shared stories of what worked, what didn't work so well, and what to remember when planning enforcement activities.
Following the presentations, panelists participated in a facilitated question and answer session and responded to inquiries from webinar participants.
- Kara Macek, Governors Highway Safety Association
- Laura Sandt, UNC Highway Safety Research Center
- Shannon Purdy, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Lt. Joe Raulerson, Gainesville Police Department
- Lt. Michael Montanye, Greenville (NC) Police Department